The Sax on the Web Forum

The Sax on the Web Forum

Go Back   The Sax on the Web Forum > The SOTW Forum > (Saxophone) Makes and Models > Other A-M > Evette & Schaeffer Buffet-Crampon, S.A.
Welcome, saxpics.
You last visited: Today at 03:57 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 65.
User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Quick Links Support SOTW SOTW Main Log Out

Old 01-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
Shaun SS

Default Some pics of my Silver Dynaction.

I bought this horn off Ebay about six months ago. It was completely tarnished and needed pads as all of them were to thick. I took the horn apart myself, cleaned everything up, pulled the pads and dropped it off to my tech about 1 month ago.

I opted to have Roo pads put in with oversized metal dome resonators. These were bought by my repair guy and installed. Horn got regulated and I got the phone call last week

I went through several mouthpieces over the last few days. My favorite 2 are a Berg 150/2/SMS with a 1 1/2 and a Rovner that I customized. I'll try and get a recording of the 2 pieces up in the next week or two for you to hear this beautiful horn.

Bari: Bundy Special (Keilwerth stencil) / ARB 7 / Stock Lig
Shaun SS is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Daktion

whoo ... that's beautiful. The month of wait must've been killer
Daktion is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
Sigmund451

Very nice. Id love to shove a Lawton on that cork!
Sigmund451 is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #4
alsdiego

Now THAT is a seriously pretty baby! WhooHoo!
alsdiego is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Saxland

Default Dynaction

Man oh Man. Its done!!!!!! In a perfect world I would have a silver Dynaction to pair with my lacquer tenor. These saxes are the bomb. What a rare rare world class silver sax you have there.

Check out his before photos:

http://www.saxontheweb.net/vbulletin...ad.php?t=25647
Saxland is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #6
Shaun SS

Thanks guys for the compliments!! I have been playing the heck out of it since it's been back!! I'm really leaning on the Berg now. The combo just flat out rips!!

I really like seeing the before pics. Here are some pics I took the day I got it. As you can see, it needed some love.

Shaun SS is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #7
Daktion

quick question.

what polish did you use to get that shine on the gold wash?
Daktion is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 12:23 AM   #8
Shaun SS

I used Tarnex first to get the bulk of the crud off. Sprayed it on with a bottle and gave it a quick wipe with a soft old T-shirt. Did that a couple times before rinsing it really well. Them I took Hagerty's Silversmith Polish and sprayed it down and wiped it a few times all over the horn including the inside of the bell. I don't see any negative effects.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #9
Daktion

did you do anything special to protect the springs from tarn-x? i've read they can mess them up pretty well.

thanks btw (i recently bought a bottle of tarn-x and already have the polish so I'm ready to go) hehe
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
Shaun SS

I've used Tarnex on a couple other horns with no ill effect to the springs. My tech used the same technique except he fills a tub with tarnex, removes everything from the horn (keys and pads out of the keys) and soaks the horn in Tarnex for a short time. Pulls it out, washes it off then used the silversmith spray.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
Peterk

I shouldn't be jealous 'cause I have one too (...it's in the Sax On The Web fundraiser calendar actually).

But I am...it looks beautiful. Nice work.
Peterk is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #12
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterk
I shouldn't be jealous 'cause I have one too But I am...it looks beautiful. Nice work.

I wholeheartedly agree with the jealousy bit. I am immensely envious. I was only saying to my wife today that my biggest mistake was parting company with my Buffet horn. She told me to keep it. What was I thinking ??
Russ is offline Report Bad Post   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #13
Shaun SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterk
I shouldn't be jealous 'cause I have one too (...it's in the Sax On The Web fundraiser calendar actually).

But I am...it looks beautiful. Nice work.

Just wondering if yours is a Silver DA. Besides this one I have not seen a Silver DA. Just the model prior to it with the wire keygaurds.

Quick Reply